While a combo is not necessary to help beat levels, it helps as a massive score multiplier and may be one of the requirements for a bonus objective. Combos are also made just for the sake of making them, as they are extremely entertaining (and to attempt to earn the one hundred thousand hit combo bonus).
Strategies for Combos
Good Combo Characters
Stedro - Stedro recharges faster than other characters, and possesses a decently long attack length when fully charged.
Stick Brian - When fully upgraded, Stick Brian possesses the ability to extend the combo counter by two hits and, while attacking, also extends the amount of time before the combo expires.
Sthomas - Sthomas' attack duration is long, and slows down Big Blue almost to a standstill so multiple characters can easily hop in to extend the combo. His ultra Super-Ultimate-Turbo-Fighter-4-HD allows him to automatically create a lengthy 45 hit combo for the cost of three ultra levels. Also, when upgraded with Fist O' Fury, the character next to him will be able to level up the ultra bar quicker so Sthomas can perform his ultra sooner.
Stick Sean - Teleports Big Blue high out of reach, allowing for more combos to be made.
When a combo is successfully performed, the combo number would be shown at the right hand side of the game screen. Below are some pictures for the combo numbers (the gallery is not finished yet).
- According to Stick Michael's fun facts, getting a one hundred thousand hit combo will unlock a special message (a little easter egg from the creator himself), but even Gildedguy thinks it's impossible. However, many skilled players have acheived it.
- The best level for making combos is the normal version of Autumus since the level's infinite and no enemies exist to hinder obstacle attempts (though trees do slow down Big Blue).
- No enemy other than Big Blue can recieve combos over five or ten because of health limits.
- Starting from combo 10, the pictures of the Slush Fighters will start to appear after every 5 combos you make up to 150, after which there are only numbers.
- Standrew and Gildedguy do not appear in the pictures.
- In order, here are the fighters you'll see alongside each number:
- 10-14 Stedro
- 15-19 MarcStick
- 20-24 Stickyle
- 25-29 Stickhanh
- 30-34 Stick Matt
- 35-39 Ben Stickobi
- 40-44 Stucker
- 45-49 Westick
- 50-54 Sticorey
- 55-59 Stick Brian
- 60-64 Stick JK
- 65-69 Stagar
- 100-104 Staddison
- To be added
- If you want to see what comes after Staddison then go to http://www.arcadeprehacks.com/game/20274/Slush-Invaders-Game.html For the hacked version of the game (unlock Sthomas and keep using his ultra).